We Can’t Wait to Hear From You!
Check out our open positions or fill out our request form and we look forward to making the connection.
The Government Underwriter Level II will be responsible for Underwriting of FHA and VA loans to the companies specified limits (“signing authority”).
In order to be successful at Watermark Home Loans in this position, you will need to have a complete understanding of FHA/VA guidelines, FHA Connection, and VA WebLGY as well as working knowledge in Desktop Underwriter and Loan Product Advisor.
- Minimum of 10 years conventional underwriting experience
Minimum 5 years FHA experience
- D.E./Chums ID required
- 15 or more years mortgage lending experience preferred
- VA credit and SAR qualified
The Conventional Underwriter will be responsible for Underwriting of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans to the companies specific to agency guidelines.
In order to be successful at Watermark Home Loans in this position, you will need to have a complete understanding of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines, Experience with Desktop Underwriter, Encompass, a team mindset and a coachable attitude.
- Minimum of 10 years conventional underwriting experience.
Minimum 5 years FHA experience.
- D.E./Chums ID required.
- 15 or more years mortgage lending experience preferred.
- VA credit and SAR qualified.
Watermark Home Loans is looking for talented, professional individuals to join our growing company. We are committed to providing our client with an exceptional lending experience from start to finish.
The Loan Officers on our team with most success are self-motivated & organized with a positive team player attitude.
- Evaluate, authorize & recommend approval of loans.
- Contact prospective clients to develop and maintain relationships.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Educate customers on the different types of loans, credit and finance options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Current MLO license in good standing with the NMLS.
- Excel in a fast paced environment with the ability to multitask and follow up with multiple customers.
- 1+ years’ loan officer experience originating and closing conventional, government and non-agency loans.
- Ability to correctly and accurately structure and price loans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to self generate business.
Loan Officer, 1 Year (Preferred)
Perform a full range of mortgage loan processing steps to accept an originated loan application and accurately complete all steps to ensure the loan package is fully prepared for closing.
- Communicate directly with the LO to obtain information and/or documentation necessary to make a loan decision
- Review all documents for compliance and make necessary corrections
Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, records, and/or other documents for recurring internal reports
- Order flood certifications, appraisals, credit reports
- Underwrite mortgage loans and follow the appropriate guidelines. This includes analyzing income, debt, credit history and other factors in order to accurately approve or recommend denial of mortgage applications within the allowed lending authority limits
- Work with senior underwriters and secondary market representatives as needed to assist with gathering and processing documentation
- Assure that all customer files are complete and in compliance with regulatory agencies and internal policies
- Ensure customer privacy and security of files
- Prepare commitment letter(s), denial letter(s) and cancel files when necessary
Maintain pipeline report and notify management of status as needed
- Prepare fund request documents for wiring funds to closing
- Keep track and follow-up on documentation necessary to meet the pre-closing conditions and to close
- Provide back-up coverage as needed
- Mortgage: 1 Year (Preferred)
- Loan Processing: 1 Year (Required)